Amos Crib Notes

  tldr; Can we condense down each chapter of Amos into one or two sentences?



Please note that (right, wrong, or indifferent) I'm choosing my words here very carefully based on years of study.


Chapter 1

The Lamb returns as a Lion to put an end to the Age of Grace as He pours out his retributive destruction upon unrepentant sinners.


Chapter 2

He will then turn His hand against the backslidden and profane of His people and their strength will not be able to deliver them in that day.


Chapter 3

Judah and Israel (Jews and Christians), in everything there is cause and effect, and did you really think you would go unpunished?  When I'm finished with you, your land of Samaria* will be destroyed, including Bethel (your current mindsets of how I am to be worshiped).

* We need to make a distinction between the northern kingdom of Israel and southern kingdom of Judah.  The northern kingdom of Israel, Samaria, was abandoned by the house of Israel by the time of Christ, after they were taken captive to Assyria.  This is why, when Christ walked the earth, their neighbors to the north were known as Samaritans and considered "dogs" by some of the Jews of the day.  They were foreigners from other lands.  The house of Israel did not return to Samaria from their captivity, but, as prophesied, headed to the Isles in the northern and western direction, what we now call Great Britain and Ireland and Scotland.  These are the first of the Anglo-Saxon nations that, as prophesied, would accept Christianity as their religion.  And we know these people, the descendants of the house of Israel (and partly Judah with them) were pushed to the "ends of the earth" at the time of the end...America...their chief nation today.  For a detailed study of this topic, please refer to Judah's Scepter and Joseph's Birthright by J.H. Allen.

And now, here we are, at the end of the age, and guess which nations, primarily, are suffering lockdown in their "prison houses" while their lands are plundered and looted, as predicted? (See Amos 3:11, Is. 14, 33, 42, et al)


Chapter 4

And you, My people in Samaria, because you refused to return to Me, despite all My efforts to bring you back to Me, some of you will be refugees.  But to others I say, prepare to meet your God as I tread the high places of the earth!

 

Chapter 5

Your chief nation will rise no more as I take vengeance upon your sin.  But those who replace their false mindsets and their sins with My truth will be among the ten percent that I pardon.


Chapter 6

You think you are safe and secure in America?  You love your fine things and aren't at all grieved by the wretched state of My church? Your world is about to be turned upside down.


Chapter 7

In the spring I will start to judge you but I will not destroy you all at once.  You will be torn down according to My righteous Word, your king will be killed by the sword, and you whom I pardon will be led away as captives.  This is it, I will not overlook your sins anymore.


Chapter 8

Do you see this basket of ripe, autumn harvest, this cornucopia, this vision of abundance and blessing for which you should be thankful only to Me?  Just as you have turned My justice to wormwood, so too will I turn your bounty into destruction!


Chapter 9

As you witness utter chaos and destruction all around you, remember this one thing: I work with perfect precision to render judgment on wicked individuals and preserve my pardoned ones to inherit the earth.

Comments